Vacancy for Human Resource/ Admin personnel
CBCP-NASSA / Caritas Philippines, the development, advocacy and humanitarian arm of the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of the Philippines has a vacancy for Human Resource/ Admin personnel.
Department: Executive Secretariat
Job Title: Human Resources (HR) Manager
Employment Status: Project based
Time Frame: Full time
Reports to: NASSA Executive Secretary
Coordinates with: All Head of Units, Comptroller/Internal Auditor and Executive Assistant to the Executive Secretary
Office Location: Manila (with occasional travel)
Supervises: Human Resources Officer and Administrative Officers
– All NASSA employees
– All volunteers and hired consultants
– Diocesan Social Action Centers (DSACs) Directors
Primary Responsibility and Tasks:
Under the direct supervision of the Executive Secretary, the HR Manager is part of NASSA Senior Management Team and is responsible for the development, management and strengthening of the overall NASSA HR policy and procedures to ensure compliance with NASSA and donor regulations, as well as with Philippine government labor laws.
This position provides effective leadership to oversee all aspects of NASSA HR management and development (from planning to recruitment and staff performance management), maintains and updates personnel files and ensures that NASSA’s Employee Manual is reviewed and updated regularly.
This position is also responsible for monitoring all changes in laws pertinent to Philippine labor management and other related aspects.
Management of Human Resources
• Coordinate all HR functions in NASSA;
• Ensure that defined and working human resource and operational structures, systems and policies are developed and implemented in NASSA;
• Review, update and/or develop HR policies and practices, as appropriate, to ensure that they are in compliance with the rules and regulations of both NASSA and Government of the Philippines;
• Ensure all changes/new policies/practices in NASSA are disseminated to all concerned and followed;
• Keep informed of new government labor laws and regulations and disseminate them to all staff in a timely manner;
• Coordinate with line managers on the review and updating of employee’s job description;
• Ensure that all personnel records are regularly updated, kept safe and confidential, and monitored properly;
• Manages systematic filing of organizational documents related to HR functions to ensure easy accessibility;
• Ensure staff compliance to policy and procedures on attendance, absence, leave and vacations;
• Ensure proper mainstreaming of gender equity in all NASSA programs and activities;
• Ensure staff compliance to NASSA’s Code of conduct and adherence to child protection guidelines.
• Coordinate new staff recruitment process by ensuring hiring policies and procedures are followed;
• Ensure consistency, fairness, transparency and integrity in all recruitment processes;
• Ensure proper follow-up of probation periods including timely confirmation/non- confirmation within the stipulated period;
• Establish systems and procedures to identify, attract and recruit qualified candidates including the development of a roster for potential candidates, consultants and experts for recruitment in the future.
• Develop guidance and procedures on new staff orientation/onboarding process;
• Coordinate development of standard staff onboarding materials;
• Ensure coordination of timely induction/on boarding of all new staff;
• Ensure orientation schedule in coordination with the relevant line managers and ensure that they are effectively carried out;
• Ensure all new staff has completed and sign personnel forms as well as the Code of conduct form, and these forms are filed appropriately.
Compensation and Benefits
• Organize salary survey and update salary scale as well as update salary system when appropriate;
• Ensure that all staff have uniform benefits and NASSA is in full compliance with related Philippine government labor laws;
• Ensure by working closely with Finance to ensure all mandated government benefits are processed accordingly.
• Orient all staff on NASSA’s performance management system;
• Coordinate staff performance planning and monitoring, as well as regular staff performance evaluation;
• Support line managers in staff coaching and other performance evaluation processes.
• Develop a staff development plan in line with the NASSA Strategic plan to capacitate all personnel (management and staff) for efficient & effective delivery of programs and services;
• Ensure that all NASSA staff have annual learning and development plans that link individual and organizational objectives;
• Coordinate all staff capacity building activities (training, personal study, immersion programs, technical assistance, mentoring, etc.);
• Implement effective procedures to assess, evaluate and monitor the effectiveness of staff development activities to ensure they are meeting organizational goals;
• Develop and manage and inventory of available external and internal training resources and staff skills database and workshops/training attended;
• Coordinate psycho-spiritual formation of all staff and management through the establishment of purposive co-learning platforms (process retreats, recollections, rediscovery sessions) towards a holistic personnel development program;
• Facilitate the deepening of social action spirituality of NASSA personnel;
• Coordinate training on gender and development with practical applications.
• Develop and manage staff grievance and conflict management system;
• Be responsive to employee and employer relations issues and seeks for an appropriate treatment for both parties;
• Ensure that staff termination process follows due process, are in line with NASSA policy and Philippine labor laws, and upholds the dignity of the person;
• Set up creative mechanisms that would boost professionalism, enhance healthy working relationships, and strengthen the spirit of camaraderie, responsible stewardship, and concern for the common good of the organization and its mission as a whole.
Diocesan Capacity Strengthening
• Assist the DSACs in the development and implementation of an HR management system at the diocesan level;
• Coordinate the periodic review of DSAC’s Organizational Capacity Strengthening Action Plans;
• Coordinate the evaluation and/or reassessment of the DSACs organizational capacity.
• Attend and assist all meetings, ongoing formations, and activities that may be called by NASSA Executive Secretary;
• Perform other tasks as designated by NASSA Executive Secretary.
Education and Experience:
• University degree in Human Resources/Psychology or any related field. Masters degree is an advantage;
• At least 5 years experience at management level in similar positions;
• Experience working with local NGOs or Church based organizations.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Strong knowledge and understanding of Philippine government labor laws and regulations;
• Proven record of absolute personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality;
• Excellent supervisory and leaderships skills, organized management style;
• Strong interpersonal skills in handling people with diverse personalities;
• Experience in upholding dignity of human person;
• Excellent communication and people skills, as well as strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills;
• Excellent ability to handle high level of pressure, multi-tasking, prioritization, problem solving, planning, and negotiation skills are key to this position;
• Demonstrated high standards of professionalism and stewardship of resources;
• Self-starter and team player;
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in English;
• Ability to use MS Windows and MS Office packages.
As with all HR professionals, special character features and personal competencies are required in the incumbent of this post:
• Respect, Integrity, Commitment, Excellence
(NOTE: This job is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with the position of Human Resources Manager.)
Position above with competitive salaries and allowances.
Deadline for submission of application: Friday, October 31, 2014
Please send Application Letter and Resume to:
c/o Fr. Edwin A. Gariguez – Executive Secretary, CBCP-NASSA/ Caritas Philippines
PDF Version: HR Vacancy at NASSA Oct2014